Thursday, July 31, 2008

Made You Look

Made You Look by Diane Roberts

This is a novel for young readers. I would use it in older elementary grades. I would use it in the fourth and fifth grades, and possibly as a read aloud in the third grade. The book is fun and easy to read. The main character was funny and witty. I liked the fact that it was modern. The main character used his laptop for e-mailing and for sending IM's. I think that kids will like a book where they can identify with the characters, and where they can envision themselves in the characters world. Although some of the happenings in the story were a little far fetched,but not ridiculous, the characters personalities were real and true to life. As I read the story I kept thinking that the characters were just like someone I used to know or now know. I think kids will enjoy reading this funny and exciting book.

No comments: